Monday, June 15, 2009

The scariest day of my life!



















Just enjoying a typical day at the lake...
Minding our own business...
Catching fish left and right...
Sayd, "The Master," proving her Dora pole LUCKY...
Rain can't bother us any...

A couple hours spent...
Smiles. Smiles. Smiles.
Time to load up.
Time to get home...
Heading for the dock...
BAM!
The boat is...
on...
FIRE!!!

Saydee is crying.
Panic is among us.
Where is the extinguisher?
What should we do?
Where is the orange flag?
Slow Motion...

Get to the top of the boat, away from the motor fire.
Extinguisher empty.
Dump the soda.
Dad starts pouring water from the cooler.
Mike finds another container to use.
Saydee still crying.
Shelli comforting Saydee.

Parker waving the down the Ranger.
Looks like he's coming!
Ranger gets in truck and drives away...
What???!!!

Fire out.
Troll back to shore.
Everyone fine.
Everyone shaking.
What a day at the lake!

5 comments:

Dunbars said...

Wow that is scary! Glad to hear you are all ok... You look great!

Stefanie Sullivan said...

Yeah I probably would have bailed off of the boat in a panic!! When are you due? Good luck with everything....Stefanie

Jodi said...

Scary!! I am glad everything turned out okay.
It was good seeing you guys again, you looked so good. Hang in there you have what just a little over a week left. It will go fast. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Shelli, I would have jumped out! Hope you are doing OK!

Kari said...

Freaky! I'm glad you're okay!