Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ooh, Baby i love your Way... everyday

So, I have the best husband in the World!  It's true... you might think I'm just in LOVE, but... you are mistaken.  I've always known Mike to be a ROMANTIC but he really topped himself this time.  I HAVE to keep talking about it because I am STILL in shock.

We went to Park City over Memorial Weekend to stay in a condo my Grandma had rented and I was all sorts of stoked about getting out of town and for Mike to have his first days off that didn't involve a medical facility or a funeral in over 3 MONTHS.   We took Jade and Oak along for the ride.  There was a time or two that Mike was kind of SHORT with me as if rushing me a bit.  If you know the guy, you know he has ALL the time in the world, no matter what the rush, so I have to say I gave him THE eye a time or two also. 

When we got into Park City, Mike asked what I wanted to do.  I suggested we feed the kids although I knew it would be a fight that we weren't hitting the ground running to fun.  He said that sounded kosher, and suggested we check out Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.  My friend Ashley raves about this place.  I thought it sounded a little BIG for the kids in tow, but was cool with us checking it out.  He drove by and then through the parking garage.  I said, "What are you doing?" with one eyebrow up and a dumb look directed his way.  He said he should have turned around above, but didn't so he'd have to do it below.  Underneath we saw a sign for a spa and he just stopped the car and sighed.  He looked around a bit.  I thought he was looking for a sign for pricing because he is ALWAYS talking about getting a massage and groaning about his back (mostly when he bends over to change diapers... you see why I don't acknowledge this much).  He said, "Get out."  I said, "You get out."  He said, "No really, GET OUT!  You have an appointment for a massage at one and you have 4 minutes to get in." 

He had scheduled a massage for me knowing that he would have 4 kids alone on our trip and didn't blink an eye.  I was in total and complete shock.  This year of nursing and being so emotionally enthralled in my babies has been AMAZING, but alas... rough.  I was smiling from ear to ear at the secret my husband had kept.  The fact that he thought of me first was the greatest gift of all. 

THANKS MIKE!!!  XOXO

1 comments:

Kassi Luck said...

That is awesome!! Way to go Mike!! You deserve it Shelli, what a sweet hubby you have.